Please be aware that there are a growing number of fraudulent or misleading scams using the names of well-known retailers, including JB Hi-Fi. These can involve emails or SMS messages, phone calls, social media posts or other unsolicited promotions that use the JB Hi-Fi brand to request personal or financial information or direct you to “scam” websites that appear to be linked to the retailer.
These may also take the form of competitions to win gift cards or purchase heavily discounted products, which for example:
- ask recipients to fill out surveys and provide personal details.
- send SMS or email messages directing you to websites requesting credit card details to purchase product or personal information (these websites may look like JB Hi-Fi websites).
- ask recipients to share, comment or like a Facebook page.
- ask recipients to settle a debt with a government department with products bought from JB Hi-Fi.
Please note that JB Hi-Fi will never ask for your personal or banking details in unsolicited communications. JB Hi-Fi’s official website can be found at jbhifi.co.nz and any JB Hi-Fi special offers or competitions can be found on this website. We suggest that you do not respond to or participate in, any offer that appears suspicious or too good to be true.
Customers should also be aware of any unsolicited emails from a legitimate source that ask you to create an account, log into an account, re-activate an account or reset a password for an account, without being prompted by a request made by you.
If you have a query about an offer that you’ve received, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - if possible, please include any screenshots or URLs that might help us to respond to your query in a timely manner.
If you would like more information on current scams or would like to report a scam, please contact via their website at https://www.dia.govt.nz/Spam-Complain-About-Spam
In addition to the above you can use the following ways to help minimise your risk of being exposed to scams:
- Use the latest version of your anti-virus software
- Use the latest version of your web browser